Saturday, July 17, 2010

Start Of Trip July 17, 2010

I'm writing the memoirs of Katelynn's and my road trip across the great USA. Our adventure starts today in Petaluma, CA. I haven't slept well the last two nights from the excitement of it all and I woke up today with some heavy anxiety, that stayed with me until we picked up the rental car. I guess I was afraid of something going wrong. Praise #1 there were no problems, we picked it up, our KIA Rio. We loaded up the car and left town around 11:00 am.
Our first night was at Whiskeytown Lake camp, we met up with the rest of the family there, Matthew, little Kurt & Gia, Jenny and Jonathon, Ethan & Alyssa, Jacquie and Daniel, Christopher & Kaylee, and Daniel's daughter Alesia, Denise and Randy & J.C. Praise#2 Randy and Jonathon both brought their ski boats. We spent the end of the day in the water since it was 110 degrees!!!
Katelynn and I ate at Jimboy's Tacos in Fairfield on the way up. With all the sun that day I felt dehydrated. Matthew tooks good care of me, he put up my tent, blew up our mattress, carried things back and forth to the car...he's such a good son.
The cutiest thing was Christopher: he is growing into such a mature teenager, he talks alot more to me now than he ever has, he was telling me about the horses he has been working with in his summer program, all his responsiblities in their care and in riding them. When they were diving in the water he remembered how much I like green rocks and he spent a long time diving for them, he would sift through them to find the best ones to bring to me. He was so proud in presenting them to me and of course I oooed and ahhed over each one... I loved it.
Katie and I talked tonight after dinner then the campfire, she and I both feel we aren't truly on our own yet, and truly free, seeing new things yet. We leave here in the morning for Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment